welcy welcy made by Leeloumade by Leeloumade by Leelou
Welcome to my blog! Please use the toolbar above to navigate this site. Feel free to visit my Interactive Teacher E-Portfolio Prezume. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Publishing Student Work

As a part of the Upper Elementary Language Arts Instruction course for my Early Childhood Generalist 4-5 Endorsement Class, I have been reading a wonderful text by Gail E. Tompkins titled Literacy in the Middle Grades: Teaching Reading and Writing to Fourth Through Eighth Graders


 I had the luxury of being able to buy it cheaper as an e-book through CourseSmart. Feel free to check out their website http://www.coursesmart.com/. I find that for an online course, an e-textbook makes perfect sense. I feel as though I am exercising my own digital literacy when I read an e-book.  The search feature, table of contents, and bookmarking features are very helpful.  The website also allows me to highlight, write notes, and copy the text.  I am also allowed unlimited printing of my textbook!


 While reading the text, I came across a wonderful list of Online Publication Sites that I have shared below. Also, head over to my list of Web 2.0 tools to find other ways to create and showcase student work.  Enjoy!


Cyber Kids

www.cyberkids.com
This site publishes original writing by 10- to 14-year-olds, including multimodal stories.

KidsWWwrite

www.kalwriters.com/kidswwwrite
Students’ stories and poems are published in this e-zine.

Stories From the Web

This website accepts submissions of students’ stories, play scripts, poems, raps, and songs.


post signature